Test Your Self-Esteem. How do you feel about yourself? Is self-image or self concept a problem for you? This simple questionnaire can help you evaluate how you see yourself.
INDEX OF SELF-ESTEEM
By Walter Hudson
This questionnaire is designed to measure how you see yourself. It is not a test, so there are no right or wrong answers. Please answer each item as carefully and accurately as you can by placing a number by each one as follows:
1 - Rarely or none of the time
2 - A little of the time
3 - Sometime
4 - A good part of the time
5 - Most or all of the time
- I feel that people would not like me if they really knew me well.
- I feel that others get along much better than I do.
- I feel that I am a beautiful person.
- When I am with other people I feel they are glad I am with them.
- I feel that people really like to talk with me.
- I feel that I am a very competent person.
- I think I make a good impression on others.
- I feel that I need more self-confidence.
- When I am with strangers I am very nervous.
- I think that I am a dull person.
- I feel ugly.
- I feel that others have more fun than I do.
- I feel that I bore people.
- I think my friends find me interesting.
- I think I have a good sense of humor.
- I feel very self-conscious when I am with strangers.
- I feel that if I could be more like other people I would have it made.
- I feel that people have a good time when they are with me.
- I feel like a wallflower when I go out.
- I feel I get pushed around more than others.
- I think I am a rather nice person.
- I feel that people really like me very much.
- I feel that I am a likeable person.
- I am afraid I will appear foolish to others.
- My friends think very highly of me.
Scoring: questions 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 14, 15, 18, 21, 22, 23, and 25 are reverse scored. This means you reverse the number values. 1 becomes 5, 2 becomes 4, 3 remains 3, 4 becomes 2 and 5 becomes 1. Then add up the numbers for each question and subtract by 25. The range of scores will be between 0-100 with 0 indicating the lowest self-esteem and 100 the highest. A score of 30 or above means you have a problem with low self-esteem. A score of 30 or below indicates no problem.
back to psych bytes
home | article of the month | featured therapist | news & events
psych bytes | book review | about our group
therapist profiles | locate a therapist
Copyright Independent Psychotherapy Network ©1998